sensor, based on the
This driver allows you to:
- Enable/disable the sensor.
- Set the integration time.
- Set the measurement mode.
- Trigger a measurement when on manual mode.
- Read the red channel measurement.
- Read the green channel measurement.
- Read the blue channel measurement.
- Read the white channel measurement.
- Read measurement of all channels at once.
VEML6040 color sensor senses red, green, blue, and white light and incorporates photodiodes, amplifiers, and analog / digital circuits into a single chip using CMOS process. With the color sensor applied, the brightness, and color temperature of backlight can be adjusted base on ambient light source that makes panel looks more comfortable for end user's eyes. VEML6040's adoption of Filtron TM technology achieves the closest ambient light spectral sensitivity to real human eye responses. VEML6040 provides excellent temperature compensation capability for keeping the output stable under changing temperature. VEML6040's function are easily operated via the simple command format of I2C (SMBus compatible) interface protocol. VEML6040's operating voltage ranges from 2.5 V to 3.6 V.
Application note: VEML6040 AN
To use this driver, import this crate and an
then instantiate the device.
Please find additional examples using hardware in this repository: driver-examples
For questions, issues, feature requests, and other changes, please file an issue in the github project.
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0 (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.