Edamame is the Humboldt penguin living in Tobu Zoo.
SoyBoy SP is a VST3 instrument plugin to generate some GameBoy-like sounds. It has some basic features below:
- Three oscillator modes (square wave, noise, wavetable)
- A 32-samples 4bit wavetable oscillator
- A linear envelope generator
- A frequency sweeping to bend the pitch automatically
- A stutter, it's like a note delay
Additionally, SoyBoy SP has these features:
- Can be polyphonic; you can choose a number of voices (1 ~ 6)
- Pitch bending with MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression)
See the website (Japanese ver. here) to know how to use. o
- GNU/Linux: install some libraries (see Install)
- Windows: none
- mac OS: currently not supported (because I don't have mac)
x: tested but does not works
-: not tested
|FL Studio 20.x||-||o||-|
There is no binary distribution. You can build SoyBoy SP by the instructions below:
- Install Rust toolschain
- Install depentent libraries
apt install libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-shape0-dev libxcb-xfixes0-dev libspeechd-dev libxkbcommon-dev libssl-dev
- Clone this repository
After doing that instruction, the directory
soyboy-sp.vst3 will be created in the path
target/release in this repository. The directory is the VST3 plugin. On GNU/Linux, VST3 plugin is a directory.
For the official binary distribution, see the BOOTH page.
To build it, install Rust programming language and run
build_vst3_windows_release.ps1. A directory
soyboy-sp.vst3 is created in
target/release and this is a VST3 plugin.
- Gameboy sound hardware - GbdevWiki
- vst3-sys examples
- How to create VST3 plugins (Japanese)
- t-sin ([email protected])
This project is lisenced under the GPLv3 because of Steinberg's licensing poricy.